Wednesday 8 June 2011

Hello and welcome to my first ever blog! I'll try to give you a taste (metaphorically!) of what 'The Cherry on the Top' is all about and keep you posted about what the future holds.
The business was started at the beginning of this year as a result of spending more and more time doing cakes for friends and family. Before I had children I used to do a lot of wedding and birthday cakes but never actually set up as a business and went off to work in a 'normal' job. I decided I needed a change and have been building the business over the past few months and setting up a website to show people what I can do. Things have changed a lot since when I first did wedding cakes - they were almost all rich fruit cakes with royal icing. Now there are so many new ingredients, colours and decoration techniques. It's been a big learning curve and each cake is a new adventure! As well as the large cakes I've also been making biscuits, cupcakes and cake pops. You never know what the next new trend will be, but that's what makes sugar decoration so exciting
Check out the website to view some of my most recent projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment