Thursday 5 July 2012

Working with Chocolate

I've been working with chocolate for about a year now and I love it. But it hasn't been without its problems and sometimes I still get incredibly frustrated when things don't go to plan.
I had attended a 2 day course with Slatterly's Master Chocolatiers in Manchester to learn how to make chocolate wedding cakes and work with chocolate decoration and this really started my journey with chocolate.
Chocolate is an amazing material that can be moulded, sculpted, melted, drizzled and made into every conceivable shape but it takes some time to learn even the basic skills. In the forthcoming weeks I hope to share some of the knowledge I've gained, quite often through making mistakes. I'll look at the tempering process and different options with advantages and drawbacks of each. I'll look at ways to use chocolate, some traditional and some a bit out of the ordinary. I'll try to make it as simple as possible and make sure there are plenty of photos and descriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment